Dear Goderich District CI Parent,
Huron Perth Student Transportation Services and its Partner School Boards are planning to make changes to the way that School Bus Transportation Services are provided within the Avon Maitland DSB and the Huron-Perth Catholic DSB attendance boundaries for the 2017-2018 School Year. There are numerous reasons for this change, including but not limited to:
- providing efficient use of resources (driver and school purpose vehicles);
- requiring fewer vehicles and drivers in town on Snow Days;
- meeting Recommendation 12 set forth in the 2015 Ontario Auditor General (AG) Report which includes:
- “increase sharing of school buses among boards and transporting students from different boards on the same bus”; which is already in place in other regions of Huron and Perth counties and across Ontario;
- “stagger school start and end times where possible to reduce the number of buses needed, by allowing them to be used on more than one run”, also known as “Route Doubling”;
For the 2017-18 School Year, the bell times at Goderich District CI will be:
- Grades 7-8 8:45 AM/2:55 PM
- Grades 9-12 8:45 AM/3:00 PM
We do understand that any bell time changes affect how families attend school, work, and other activities outside of the school day and hope that this change will cause only a minor disruption to everyone’s day.
We thank you for your support of these changes.