The Huron County Health Unit will be visiting your school and offers the following dental programs:
- Students in grade 8 classes will be included in a dental screening. Children in grade 7, who have been previously identified by our program, will also be seen. Any parent who wishes their child to be screened at school, other than those listed above, should notify the school before the scheduled screening date.
- As a preventive service, topical fluoride applications, dental sealants and dental scaling will be offered to eligible children who have been screened at the school.
- Financial help is available through the HSO-EESS program for children in URGENT need of care were the cost of treatment would be a financial hardship.
- A dental program called Healthy Smiles Ontario is available to help children 17 and under see dentists regularly. It is available for families living with low incomes.
- Do you need more information? Call the Dental Department at the Huron County Health Unit at 1.877.837.6143 or visit www.huronhealthunit.ca and search Dental Health