As our educational focus of IPM 2017 is Soil, one goal of this contest is to showcase the wonderful things that have arose from the soils of Ontario. This could include, but is not limited to, agricultural or conservation practices, production, technology, history, people, employment, and businesses.
Another goal of the contest is to increase the interaction of secondary students with the IPM 2017. The contest will be open to anyone of secondary school age in Ontario. By offering this contest, we hope to engage secondary students in the immediate area of the IPM 2017 and across the province. Our hope is to stream many of the documentary entries in the Education Tent and have an Awards Celebration on the main stage during the match.
General Guidelines and Rules
- Each documentary must be based on the theme “From the Soils of Ontario…” and can explore but is not limited to agricultural or conservation practices, production, technology, history, peoples, employment, and businesses.
- Entry is free and offered to all secondary school age students in Ontario.
- All Documentaries must be made specifically for the “From the Soils of Ontario…” IPM 2017 Documentary Contest and be made between November 1, 2016 and May 31, 2017.
- Only entries submitted in MPEG or MOV format to the “From the Soils of Ontario…” entry system will be considered.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm May 31, 2017 to be eligible.
- Each student may only submit one entry into the contest.
- All videos must be original works created by the student(s).
- Documentaries must be 2-3 minutes in length including credits.
- All submissions require an entry form and media release form.
- Single submissions created by multiple students must state multiple names on entry form and any prize money will be divided between listed students.
- Students are encouraged to use original video, music, graphics etc. However, any copyrighted material must be used with written permission and must be credited.
- Sponsor has permission to use all entries for any media coverage and business promotion
- All submissions will belong to IPM 2017 and OPA and therefore can be used in any related events.
- Judging Panel, consisting of three or more adults, will be chosen by the IPM 2017 Executive. If there is marking criteria released from the Education committee, this is only meant as a guide and tool available for educators. Judging to determine prize packages, will be determined solely by the judging panel, which may involve different criteria in order to select the most effective documentaries.
- All submissions meeting the above criteria will be considered. For information on how documentaries, entry forms and media releases can be submitted, please visit http://www.plowingmatch.org/ipm-2017
Select this link to download the official contest information, rules and regulations. For more information please visit http://www.plowingmatch.org/ipm-2017