Education Act: Regulation 298 (23)
All schools, operating in the Province of Ontario must comply with the various acts and regulations established by the provincial government for the operation of these schools.
A pupil shall,
- [a] Be diligent in attending to master such studies as are part of the program in which the pupil is enrolled.
- [b] Exercise self-discipline.
- [c] Accept such discipline as would be exercised by a kind, firm and judicious parent.
- [d] Attend classes punctually and regularly.
- [e] Be courteous to fellow pupils and obedient and courteous to teachers.
- [f] Be clean in person and habits.
- [g] Take such tests and examinations as are required by or under the Education Act or as may be directed by the minister of education.
- [h] Show respect for school property.
It is Expected that the Student:
- Is dependable,
- Attends school regularly,
- Is on time for class with appropriate learning materials,
- Demonstrates courtesy, honesty and a friendly attitude towards others,
- Uses language appropriate to the school setting,
- Exhibits a willingness to undertake assigned learning tasks,
- Works co-operatively with others,
- Turns out a quality product to the best of his/her ability, and
- Attend scheduled assemblies.
When a pupil returns to school after an absence, a parent of the pupil, or the pupil where the pupil is 18 years of age or older, shall give a reason for the absence orally or in writing as the principal requires.
A pupil may be excused by the Principal from attendance at school temporarily at any time at the written request of a parent or the pupil where the pupil is 18 years of age or older.
Every pupil is responsible for his or her conduct to the Principal of the school that the pupil attends,
- [a] On the school premises.
- [b] On out-of-school activities that are part of the school program.
- [c] While travelling on a school bus that is owned by the board or a bus or school bus that is under contract to a board.
Citizenship and Character Education
- September – RESPECT Valuing Self, Others & Our World
- October – EMPATHY – Understanding How Someone Else Feels
- November – COURAGE – Facing The Challenge
- December – COMPASSION – Showing Care & Consideration
- January – RESPONSIBILITY – Being Reliable & Accountable
- February – PERSEVERANCE – Staying Purposeful & Committed
- March – OPTIMISM – Choosing To Be Positive
- April – HONESTY – Being Trustworthy, Sincere & Truthful
- May – FAIRNESS – Treating Everyone In A Just & Accepting Manner
- June – INTEGRITY – Doing What Is Right & Honourable